Today was really a low-key homeschool day as Mommy felt very tired and had lots of
morning all-day sickness. The plan was for Monkey Day. We’ve read a lot of fun books about both monkeys and apes, and made gorilla puppets. That was really the extent of homeschool. The rest of the day was spent playing outside in the lovely weather, both on our own and with the cousins.
Just in case you want to learn a bit about monkeys or apes, here are freebies around the internet. We plan on coming back to this for a full unit study in the future, just not this month.
- Monkey photo gallery on National Geographic.
- The Jane Goodall Institute has a lot of information, including Chimpanzee Central all about chimps, and the Study Corner to learn more about Jane and her life’s work for kids.
National Geographic Kids has a wealth of information on many primates. Here are some links:
- Chimpanzee page – facts, photos, video, e-card, and more.
- Howler Monkey page - facts, photos, video, e-card, and more.
- Gorilla page - facts, photos, video, e-card, and more.
- Orangutan page - facts, photos, video, e-card, and more.
Homeschool Share has much to offer, including: