Aww, I’m honored to have received two blog awards over the weekend. Kris at Homeschooling Momma3 gave me the Sunshine Award, and Very Blessed Momma at Training Children Up for Christ passed along the One Lovely Blog Award. Thank you very much ladies! I’m to say 7 things about myself and pass the awards on to no more than 7 other bloggers, so here goes…
- Right now I’m in a parenting reading kick. I’m reading The Happiest Baby on the Block for the first time (interesting, but he’s very much not a creationist), and I’ve got some goodies ordered from my library that I’ve read before from Dr. Sears and several from Elizabeth Pantley of the No-Cry Sleep Solution fame.
- Despite the fact that I’ve potty trained 3 children already it is something I dread. I’ll be posting more about it later this week, but Monday Daniel began the potty training adventure and as of right now it’s not going too badly. Phew!
- Growing up I had a younger sister and no other siblings. Now with some step-parents added in I have 4 sisters and 3 brothers, ranging in age from 30s down to early teens.
- God laid homeschooling on my heart when I was pregnant with my oldest, Makayla. My husband was quickly on board, and 9 years later we couldn’t imagine life any other way. Jason is my biggest supporter for homeschooling, though I have some other big supporters in my family(you know who you are!), as well as some family members who are sure we’ll give this whole thing up long before high school rolls around. (Ha! Only if God tells us to.)
- I want to write a few books some day. There is not time at the moment, but I’ve got ideas for a few parenting and homeschooling books just waiting in my head.
- If I had to choose between dark chocolate or milk chocolate it would be dark every time. The darker the better. And no nuts please. Just hand over the chocolate and nobody will get hurt.
- I don’t like being pregnant. You would think, considering I’m on pregnancy #9, that I loved it. You would be wrong. 3 months of wanting to throw up, 3 months of being not so miserable, and 3 months of heartburn, sciatic pain, and feeling bigger than a whale just aren’t my idea of a fun time. I can’t even say I’m a baby person. Don’t get me wrong, I love mine from the moment I know they are coming, but if I could skip ahead a few months to the middle of that first year I wouldn’t mind. ;)
Well, that’s enough about me! I’m going to share the One Lovely Blogger award as last week I shared the Sunshine Award.
Confessions of a Homeschooler – Not only does she have a lovely blog, she shares her talents! My children love her Letter of the Week curriculum and we’re enjoying her brand new Expedition Earth adventure too.
Large Family Mothering – A blogging mother of 15 children, I enjoy reading her thoughts.
Our Family – A blogger that I know in real life, she’s as lovely in person as she is on her blog.
The Story of Us – My real life sister, who blogs less often than I do, but has way more going on in her life with her four sweet children and a military husband.