We all come to those moments when we seem to be running out of time. It may be an upcoming holiday, birthday, or moving day. For some reason the last two days I have really felt like I’m running out of time before this baby is born. Now, as of tomorrow I still have 8 weeks to my due date. I’ve had my babies as much as 2 weeks early or 2 weeks late, so in as little as 6 weeks Caleb could realistically arrive. I’ve sat today listing out all those things that I still want or need to get done before Caleb arrives. Would you like to see part of my list?
- Give Daddy and the boys haircuts.
- Restock pantry, make sure we have ingrediencts for easy meals, snacks.
- Buy birthday presents for the 3 birthdays between now and Christmas.
- Buy Christmas presents – there is no way I’ll be shopping in December, so it needs finished by the end of Oct. Thankfully, we keep this pretty simple.
- Get the crib set up, bedding washed.
- Get the baby boy clothes out, washed.
- Check kids’ shoe sizes, find boots for everyone, etc. Some are probably ready to move up in size.
- Remove blinds on 14 windows (most are broken in some places thanks to dear boys).
- Put up curtain rods and curtains. Of course I need to measure windows and go shopping for clearance curtains first…LOL.
- Switch out kid clothes for the fall/winter season.
- Return all library books.
- Finish up doctor checkups and dentist cleanings for those who need them. Um, that means I should probably schedule them, right?
Okay, so there you have most of my list. I know I can get it all done if I don’t wait until the last minute. Now I just need to figure out where to begin!
What things are on your to do list?