Don’t you love this painting? I think I need to find a large one to hang on my walls. It would be a great reminder to take time to be with my little ones and not always be busy doing things. Today I am in the mood for a random post, so enjoy this peek at the things swirling through my head!
1. First, I am wondering how long it takes an insurance company to return phone calls. It’s a long story that has involved phone calls to 3 other places before this. As of Friday I left a message with a supervisor’s answering machine. I’m still waiting for a call back. Ugh. What a pain!
2. I have finished reading Managers of Their Chores (loved it!)and printed morning chorepacks for my children. Now I am trying to come up with a fun way to introduce the idea to the family tonight. Daddy is all for this, but he loves delegating the ‘making it fun’ part to me…LOL. I think some clean-up game or treasure hunt for the chorepacks is in order.
3. I am happy with how smooth our homeschool mornings are going, but Makayla is not! I have found that she needs to get most of her work done in a row because if I let her go have a break between each subject she complains every time we start again. We talked about it this morning when she asked why her siblings kept getting breaks (we’re talking 5 minute breaks, by the way), but she didn’t. I explained that they happily run back to the table any time I call them to come do the next thing, but that she spends at least 5 minutes whining that her break was not long enough each time I call for her, so we’re combining her work into larger blocks and her breaks into a larger block at the end of work. She frowned, but admitted I was right and went to work. Crazy kid.4. I want to get some work done getting ready for NaNoWriMo (read my post to learn what that is) but I have just not set aside the time. I need to do some brainstorming soon!
5. My desk is a mess. Again. I don’t know what happens . . .
6. I need to update my Christmas idea list for the kids before hubby and I go shopping. I’ve seen a few things I’m sure certain children would like, but I’ll forget if I don’t write them down soon.
Well, that’s all the time I have for now. The kids are ready for a snack and read aloud time! What’s on your mind today? Leave a comment and tell me all about it!