- Abraham, who we’ve been reading about in family scripture study this week. What a faithful, patient man!
- Books. I love reading them for me, reading them for the kids, listening to each child begin to read books.
- Caleb, my 6th child and sweet snuggler. He’s curious about the world around him and into comforting from mommy.
- Daniel, my 4th child. He’s a bright little boy who keeps me laughing at the things he says.
- Emma, my 3rd child. She’s the artist in residence and loves to create.
- Freshly ground flour to bake with. I love baking wholesome, homemade treats for my loved ones.
- Glue sticks. Really, they’ve saved my sanity with children who always want to make something – no puddles of liquid glue at my house!
- Heavenly Father, who has a plan for my life and is working for my good.
- Instruction books because I’m just not great at figuring things out without them.
- Jason, my husband. I love him more every day and learn so much from him. God gave me my opposite and we rub off each others rough edges making a nice smooth family.
- Joseph, my 2nd child. The first boy. His interests lie in building things, outer space, robots, and all those areas I never wanted to learn about, but get to now.
- Kids. They bring me joy and keep me humble.
- Living in a house – we’re blessed with a roof over our heads.
- Mason, my 7th child, who comes in less than 8 weeks. His pregnancy has reminded me that every life is precious, that God’s plan is always the right one, even if it is not the one we would have chosen.
- Makayla, my 1st child. Caught on the edge of child and young woman, she’s growing into a delightful helper and second in command. She’s passionate and challenging, but a joy.
- Novels. Losing myself in a book is a wonderful way to relax.
- Oliver, my 5th child. He’s serious and silly by turns, still willing to snuggle.
- Prayer. I know Heavenly Father listens, answers, and comforts me. Prayer gets me through so much.
- Quilts to snuggle under. With the cold weather arriving I love seeing all my family bringing quilts downstairs to snuggle up in the evenings.
- Reading my scriptures, it’s like a daily injection of the spirit to get through the day.
- Savior. Without Jesus I would be lost, life would be miserable.
- Temples, the place to make sacred covenants that make it possible for families to be together eternally.
- Unlined paper. It’s so versatile. It can hold lists or letters, or it can become a masterpiece, craft, or paper doll to keep the kids enthralled.
- Vehicles, especially a van that seats our whole family.
- Weather. Be it mild or wild it all puts me in awe of the Creator.
- Xylophones. You know, the little kid ones that toddlers can drag around and ‘play’. Sure, I get a headache, but they bring such simple joy to little ones.
- YOU! Thanks for reading my blog, commenting, and sharing a part of my family’s life.
- Zippers. They’re faster than buttons!